Download | http://core.peoplepods.net/
PeoplePods is a free social networking twitter clone software to create websites with social networking capabilities easily
To properly install and configure PeoplePods:
1) Create a MySQL database for PeoplePods to use. Note the server name, database name, username and password.
2) Choose your upload destination carefully. Place the PeoplePods tarball inside the folder where you use PeoplePods.
To run PeoplePods at the root of your site:
If the root directory of your website is /var/www/httpdocs, place the tarball inside that directory. Once you
uncompress the file, you will have a new folder called /var/www/httdocs/peoplepods. The PeoplePods admin tool
will then be present at
, while the public-facing functionality will be at rl.com[/code]
To run PeoplePods in a sub-folder:
If the folder you'd like to run PeoplePods from is called /var/www/httpdocs/community, place the tarball inside
that directory. Once you uncompress the file, you will have a new folder called /var/www/httpdocs/community/peoplepods.
The PeoplePods admin tool will then be present at
, while the public-facing functionality
will be at
3) Upload and uncompress your PeoplePods tarball into your web folder.
> tar -zxvf peoplepods-0.81.tar.gz
4) Before running the install, you will need to set the permissions on several folders:
> chmod -R 777 peoplepods/files
> chmod 777 peoplepods/lib/etc
5) Visit your PeoplePods folder in a web browser. The installer will load automagically!
6) After successful install, visit the PeoplePods admin tool at the same url
7) Turn on built in functionality by visited the Options -> Plugin Pods menu.
8) You MUST turn on core_authentication_login, or else you will not be able to log in to your own site! *** IMPORTANT ***
9) Visit your new PeoplePods powered site!