|Main » Files » Site Script » Chat||[ Add new entry ]|
|Installation Instructions: |
1- Open up the file "config.php" in a text-editing program and configure all of the settings to your liking. Each setting has a description of how it should be set and what it is.
2- Open up your FTP client and create a folder on your web server for the shoutbox.
3- Upload all of the files and folders found in this zip to the folder you just created.
4- If you don't want to use the User Panel addon script, don't upload the "userpanel" folder. This script allows users of your shoutbox to automatically register names, change passwords, and look up lost passwords over the web.
5- CHMOD the shoutbox folder 777 (make it readable, writable, and executable by all).
6- CHMOD the folder "lists" inside the shoutbox folder 777 (make it readable, writable, and executable by all).
7- CHMOD the file "lists/names.php" 666 (make it readable and writable by all). If problems arise CHMOD it 777 instead.
8- CHMOD the file "shouts.php" 666 (make it readable and writable by all). If problems arise CHMOD it 777 instead.
9- Open the file "shoutbox.php" in your browser. Try posting a few messages and see if it works. If it doesn't repeat the past few steps.
10- To put your new shoutbox on your site, just create an IFRAME with it. Here is a sample IFRAME code:
12- Make sure the "src" attribute is pointing to the correct file and the width is what you specified in the configuration file.
13- That's it! ShoutPro should now be working correctly. If you have any questions just post on our message boards.
How to Do Some Simple Tasks with ShoutPro:
* Ban a user from the Shoutbox: To ban a user from the shoutbox, first find his or her IP with the instructions below. Then add the IP to the file lists\bannedips.php. Each IP should be on a new line, starting on the second line.
* View the IP Address of a Poster: In the shouts.php file, each shout is on a new line. The various elements of a shout are stored on each line. Poster's name, message, date, time, and IP are each separated by |^|.
* Clear the Shoutbox: In your web browser, open the file "admin.php" in your ShoutPro folder. Enter the password you typed into "config.php" and hit submit. A message should appear saying the shoutbox has been cleared.
* Add More Smilies: Begin by uploading the smilie image file into the "smilies" folder. Then open up "smilies.php" in the "lists" folder in a text-editing program. You can add or remove smilies here. Make sure you follow this format: "SMILIECODE|^|IMAGEFILE|^|". Each unit like that should be on a separate line.
* Add/Edit Restricted Names: Open the file "lists/names.php" in a text-editing program. Each restricted name and password should be on its own line, starting one Line 4. Do not edit the first three or last two lines of names.php or anyone will be able to view the restricted names and their corresponding passwords over the web. All lines other than those should be in the "NAME|^|PASSWORD|^|EMAIL|^|" format.
* Add/Edit ShoutCode and Profanity Filter: Open the file "lists/shoutcode.php" or "lists/profanities.php" in a text-editing program. These files are in the same format as the smiles.php file. In shoutcode.php, the first item is the ShoutCode tag and the second is the corresponding HTML tag. In profanities.php, the first item is the profanity and the second item is the filtered word.
|Views: 5859 | Downloads: 219 | Rating: 0.0/0|
Popular Clone Site||
Total online: 1